Business Manager will implement and manage day-to-day financial-related activities of the company to include accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting, and strategic planning. In addition, Business Manager will work with Executive Director, Producer and Program Director to establish office systems that support organizational flexibility and efficiency.
Position starts at 30 hours per week, compensation at $22 per hour, with potential to become full-time. Position offers a competitive benefits package. Business Manager will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with Producing and Program teams.
Ashland, OR based residency not required; this can be a telecommute position.
Responsible for financial activities of the company related to accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting, and strategic planning.
- Manage financial systems of the company; maintain chart of accounts to ensure alignment with annual budgets
- Manage cash flow and expenses, including monthly credit card reconciliation and expense reimbursements to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of company’s financial health
- Manage invoice tracking and payment
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating plan and quarterly revised forecasts by gathering and analyzing information from accounting software
- Development of the annual budget and quarterly forecasting
- Preparation of monthly actual vs. budget variance reports, and ad hoc analyses for Board meetings or periodic progress reports on campaigns and events
- Work in tandem with Accountant to prep year-end state and federal financial reporting requirements, including Form 990 and 1099 prep
- Maintain adequate internal controls and financial procedures ensuring regulatory compliance with GAAP
Collaborate with ED, Producer and PD to establish and maintain tracking databases and information systems that strengthen business processes.
- Track contract status to ensure timely and accurate delivery of project goals
- Work with ED to build and manage donor database to enhance donor stewardship
- Research and advise ED on company benefits strategy
- Perform additional related duties, tasks, and responsibilities as needed
- BA/BS in business or accounting, or similar experience, preferred
- Experience with financial management software (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks) strongly preferred
- Experience with arts organizations and/or non-profits
- Ability to effectively present information to upper management and board of directors
- Well-organized, able to plan and manage strategically while maintaining focus on details to assure effective implementation and follow through
- Ability to perform job duties within online working environment
- Outgoing and positive attitude with excellent communications skills required as the position works closely with every department of the organization
About Play On Shakespeare
In 2015, the Oregon Shakespeare Festival announced a commissioning program called Play on! 36 playwrights translate Shakespeare. The project was simple yet enthusiastically ambitious in its original conception: to commission 36 playwrights to translate 39 plays attributed to Shakespeare (including Two Noble Kinsmen and Edward III) into contemporary, modern English over the course of three years with a commitment that the commissioned group comprised at least 51 percent women and writers of color. In its three-year tenure at OSF, Play on! worked with nearly 1,000 actors, directors, stage managers and producers on nearly 80 readings, workshops, productions and demonstrations in 19 different cities, collaborating with 24 different theatres and academic institutions around the world.
On January 1, 2019, the Play on! Producing team established Play On Shakespeare, an independent non-profit whose mission is to enhance the understanding of Shakespeare’s plays in performance for theatre professionals, students and audiences by engaging with contemporary translations and adaptations.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter, resume and a list of three references to email@example.com, noting ‘Business Manager’ in subject line.
Play On Shakespeare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.